Saturday, July 28, 2012
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Dress/belt/vest - Thrifted
Headband/bracelet - Mavy May Designs
Bracelet - Humanity for all
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Monday, July 23, 2012
This past week I've been wrapped up in trying to find a dress. Who thought dress shopping would be this hard? It's a little less then 6 months until my wedding day which leaves me about zero time to keep looking. This is totally my fault for not looking sooner but the truth is I don't enjoy shopping for a dress. It's so hard to look at dresses in magazines or even in the store because they all look completely different once they are on. I had a dress picked out for almost a month now that I was sure was ' the dress ' I loved all the pictures I saw of it so I made an appointment to go try it on and turns outs it doesn't look the same on me. So now here I am only a few months from ' the big day ' and I have no clue what I want. I guess I shouldn't say I have no clue what I want, I know what I want it just seems to be impossible to find. You know when you have an I idea or a certain image in your head of what you what things to look like? It almost makes it hard because you're looking for something so specific. I'm really starting to feel the pressure, I can't believe how quickly everything is coming. They say you need time for your dress to come in then 8 weeks for alteration. Have any of you cut it super close trying to find a dress? If so how close? Well the hunt continues, wish me luck.
Happy Monday!! I hope you all had a great weekend! I did I got an iPhone!!! Finally I have an up to date phone :)
Sunday, July 22, 2012
Monday, July 16, 2012
Interested in Sponsoring Mavy May Designs For the month of August? I have two sizes for sponsor spots, large and small. I have 6 spots for large ads and 10 spots for small ads. I am currently offering both size spot for free or if you are interested in swapping I would love to swap with you.
If you are interested in a spot for August please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know which size spot you are interested in. All spots are assigned on a first come first serve basis.
If you are looking for something to do today head one to My Billie and check out the giveaway I'm doing on her blog. I hope you all had a great weekend. Happy Monday!
Friday, July 13, 2012
I've been obsessed with shorts lately. I only in the last few years started wearing shorts and boy was I missing out. I look back now and think how could I have gone entire summers in pants!? I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!! Happy Friday!!
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Shirt - Gift, Bracelet - Made myself, Shorts - Made myself
I found an amazing tool to use to put holes/rips in your shorts and I will share it with you in another post. I think these are my new favourite shorts.
I want to thank Melissa from The Life of a Not so Ordinary House Wife for allowing me to co-host the GFC hop yesterday. It was so much fun, I met so many new people and found so many great new blogs. Thank you to all of you for linking up and following along, I'm excited to get to know you all.
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
It's Tuesday again which means it's time for the GFC Blog Hop!
When I want to follow a blog the first thing I look for is GFC (Google Friend Connect), it's so easy and it's nice to be able to go and see all of the blogs you follow in one spot. When I first started a blog I had no clue what GFC was but later found out it was great tool to have.
One side note- Did you know you can follow through GFC using your Twitter Account? TRUE, it's definitely an option!
If you are interested in co-hosting the next GFC Blog Hop send me an email at email@example.com
Ok, so let's get to the party, shall we?
RULES are simple:
1. Follow your host via GFC
The First link below
2. Follow your co-hosts via GFC
The Next 5 links below
3. Link up below using your main blog page not a specific post.
4. Make sure to visit some of the blogs in the link up and follow them via GFC
and if you want to leave them a comment, I'm sure they'd appreciate that as well.
5. Tweet about this blog hop
6. Share about this blog hop by grabbing a button and putting it on your sidebar!
Monday, July 9, 2012
Thank you to Danielle from Red lips, Curvy hips for this awesome award! Danielle is super friendly and I love that she takes the time to leave the nicest comment all the time. Check her out here.
11 Things About Me
2. I'm a bad driver
3. I have 2 sisters and a brother, all younger then me.
4. I am afraid of the dark.
5. I am getting married to the most amazing guy. Still makes me smile every time I think about him.
6. I'm a vegetarian
7. I love to singing. I'm not very good at it at all but that doesn't stop me :)
8. I have 2 dogs a cat and a hamster.
9. I secretly want to be a professional fighter or work at the zoo
10. The first thing I do even morning is make a cup of coffee.
11. I am the worst decision make. It takes me forever to decide anything.
Danielles 11 Questions
2. Do you have any pet-peeves? Yes! Two off the top of my head are people that drive under the speed limit and people that say oh whats that (my tattoo) going to look like when you are old. I'll be old, who cares!!! What are you going to look like when you're old!?
3. What is your favorite food? Ice cream
4. What is your favorite quote? Put a smile on your face, make the world a better place - Vitamin C
5. Do you ever want to be on Nickelodeon's Double Dare? I had to look this up because I didn't know what it was at first but I totally remember it now. Yes I would.
6. What is your signature fashion statement? (i.e. hair flower, statement necklace, nail color) When I was in high school, almost everyday in the summer I picked daisies and put them in my hair and that was probably my last signature fashion statement. How boring
7. What is your dream vacation destination? Hawaii or Australia.
8. What is your biggest fear? Knowing you're going to dead. That would have to be the worst thing ever.
9. What is your most treasured memory? Hmmm this is a hard one. Probably fishing and gardening with my grandpa when I was young. I remember I was so proud of myself for being able to put my own worm on my hook.
10. What does your perfect day consist of? Waking up at a cottage on the lake with my boyfriend and my dogs, making coffee and enjoying it on the back deck, then just spending the day outside with them. Swimming, bbqing, going for a walking, play horseshoes or Frisbee, etc....
11. If your house caught on fire and you could only grab 5 things what would they be? My 4 animals and probably the computer because it has all of our pictures on it.
My 11 Question
1. What is your dream job
2. If you could have any animal as a pet what would it be
3. What is your favourite thing about yourself
4. What is your favourite flavour of ice cream
5. What does your dream home look like
6. If you were stranded on a deserted island what album would you want to have
7. If you could have any super natural power what would it be (invisibility, super strength, x-ray vision, etc..)
8. Chocolate or vanilla
9. What is your favourite place to go (Country, a place in your home, a park, etc...)
10. What was your favourite cartoon growing up
11. What is your favourite era for fashion and why (40s, 60s,etc..)
Chelsea @ Chelsea Dawn
Jenna @ I Never Really Told You..
Allie @ A Catchy Chorus
Jillian @ Boyish Chic
Annabel @ Fragmented Splendour
Like A Tree
Natalie @ Looking Through The Lens
Hillary @ Sugar Hill
Jeni @ Two Shades of Lovely
Hima @ My Musings
Jaydinn @ The Chevron Rose
Saturday, July 7, 2012
Happy Saturday!! I hope you all have a fantastic weekend.
I Love the colours of this bikini. I just bought a top like this and can't wait to wear it.
How good do these look!? Homemade cookies and homemade ice cream sandwiches, what more could you ask for.
I must admit I do not wear nail polish on my finger nails very often, mostly because I can't wear it at work so it's a huge pain. This is something I would really like to try though, how fun.
Bonfires by the lake, what better way to spend a summer evening. I will be having one of these tonight.