Friday, March 22, 2013
5 Ways I'm Going Green
In my last post I posted some ways to be more green and reduce energy usage. I also told you I set a new goal to be more aware of my usage and waste so today I want to share some of those goals with you. Some of these things already do be not to the extenet I should.
1. Get a green bin. For those of you that don't know what a green bin is, it's a little bin that they come around and pick up just like your recycling but its for organic household waste. I'm not really sure way I have never had one but I made the call and it's on it's way.
2. Bring cloth bags shopping. I do have about 5 reusable bags in the trunk of my car but 9 times out of 10 forget them there. I'm going to move them to the back seat as well as get one that folds up nice and small so there is always one in my pruse.
3. Buy less packaging. For example buy bluk when I can or when buying produce take the fruit or veg without the bag.
4. Shop locally grown. Shop at the framers market. Another thing I don't do enough. The farmers market is open every Saturday morning here and I will be making more of an effort to get there.
5. Recycle more. I do recycle a lot but I've been getting lazy about it. For exmaple when an entire bottle of salad dressing or container of cream cheese goes bad I'll just chuck it in the garabge instead of taking the time to empty it and rinse it out so it can be recycled. No more being lazy.
Don't forget Eath Hour is tomorrow Sat Mar 23/13 8:30pm-9:30pm. Do you have any special thing you do for earth hour?
Have a good weekend!