Thursday, December 20, 2012

DIY Cat Urine Odour Remover


I have the most amazing thing to share with you guys. Ok so maybe not that amazing to most of you, but to those who have cats and especially those who have cats that have ever peed on anything this is the best thing you'll ever read.
My cousin and her cat Hazel have living here for a few months now and all of a sudden Hazel has decided that every now and then she's going to pee on my couch. For those of you that have cats you know that the small of cat pee is the hardest odor to remove from anything. I tried everything to get rid of the smell, using the little green machine, spraying it with cleaner, febreze, I even washed all the covers to the cushions in the washing machine and still you could smell it. So I started looking up home remedies online and reading forums from others with the same problem and I found this. This amazing miracle working solution. I sprayed this on the couch and once it dried the smell was totally gone! Gone! and this is all it is.

16oz Hydrogen Peroxide
1 Teaspoon Dish Soap
1 Tablespoon Baking Soda

Mix together and soak area, using a spray bottle works best. 
And it's gone, just like that.

Today I'm linking up with:
What Jean Likes
Local Sugar

Happy Thursday!!
5 Days Till Christmas!

7 comments :

Ashley said...

Wow thanks for sharing this tip! My one cat likes to pee on the dogs bed once in a blue moon! I always go out and buy a new bed!!

Lindsay said...

I'm a crazy cat lady (I can admit it! Hahahaha) and I have one cat on Prozac because she has random stress attacks that make her pee on things. The Prozac helps, but every once in a while she still pees on something. I HAVE to try this!

Anonymous said...

I don't have cats, but I love a good recipe for a simple odor remover!

Amber Nicole said...

No joke?? Does this actually work? My cat has been a ..... not so nice little kitty lately and has been peeing like EVERYWHERE and nothing/no matter how often I shampoo gets rid of it!

lesley: the dream tree said...

cool! cat pee is one of the worst smells ever. i may try this for my dogs.

Penniless Socialite said...

It's sad that I really really need to make this stuff. This could be a life saver...or at least a couch saver...haha.
Tara
Penniless Socialite

Swish eStore said...

Wow thanks for sharing this tip!
urine odour solution

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...