Friday, August 31, 2012

THE ZOO


Yesterday my fiance and I scratched one thing off of our to do this summer list and that was go to the Zoo. We didn't get to go to the Toronto Zoo, which is the big Zoo but we went to a smaller one that's about 20 minutes north of us. This Zoo doesn't have all of the animals that the Toronto Zoo does (like polar bears, or any bears) but it was fun none the less. I like it here because you get to see the animals a lot closer and you can go right into the goat pen to feed and pet them (my favourite part). Some of our pictures didn't turn out that well because for some reason I have the hardest time taking a non blurry picture with my little digital camera. I'm a little bummed that our nikon wasn't working for this trip to the zoo but I guess we'll just have to go back when it is.
Over all yesterday was a totally awesome day! We did the Zoo, had lunch and some drinks on a patio, spent an hour in Chapters, took the dogs for a walk at the water front, and finished the night with a lovely little BBQ. It's not that often that Steve and I get to spend the whole day together without work or school so we like to take advantage of the days that we do and I'd say we did a pretty good job of that yesterday.

What's your favourite animal to see at the Zoo? What do you like to do with your days off?

Happy Friday! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments :

A Muse in Purple said...

Man am I a sucker for the zoo, I have a Jacksonville Zoo membership and now that I just moved to San Diego I'm sure I'll get a membership here. I can't wait to see the Pandas!!

Christine said...

You can get Zoo memberships!? I didn't know that, that's so awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...